Dawson Creek– Our Lady of Perpetual Help parish
The parish was established by the Vicariate of Grouard in 1931. The Redemptorists were requested to assume care for the non-native parishes in this Peace River area from the Oblates of Mary Immaculate. Like Athabasca, Dawson Creek epitomized the pastoral ministry for the Redemptorists in Western Canada with its large territory and rugged setting in Northern British Columbia. The Redemptorists served 20 outmissions including Tomslake, Rolla, Pouce-Coupe, Baytree, Farmington, Bessboro, Sunset, Prairie, Proress and Arras. In July 1940, Fr. Joseph Owens arrived to work among the Sudetans of Tate and Tupper Creek districts. He was credited with unremitting attention to the instruction of the children, striving to raise a generation that would be solidly grounded in faith and weaned from the anti-clerical prejudices of their parents. Under pastor Fr. Cornelius McElligott (1939-1945), the town’s first Catholic school was opened in 1944 with an enrolment of 70 children. During this time, chapels were built in Rolla, Pouce-Coupe, Framington, Tate and Tupper Creek as well as a new rectory in Dawson Creek. The parish was returned to Vicariate of Prince Rupert and the Yukon.
Grand Forks – Sacred Heart parish
Fr. Brendan Boland of the Edmonton Province served in the parish.
Kelowna – St. Theresa’s parish
Following the departure from Blessed Sacrament parish in Nelson, Bishop Emmett Doyle of the Nelson Diocese invited the Edmonton Province Redemptorists to assume the responsibility of this parish. In 1997, an outdoor shrine to Our Mother of Perpetual Help was constructed on the grounds of the church. The parish was returned to the diocese by the Edmonton-Toronto Province.
Kelowna – Holy Spirit parish
For the first five years as pastor, Fr. Mageste John Santopinto served while living at St. Theresa’s rectory. Upon the retirement of Fr. Brendan Boland, resident pastor for 10 years, the Edmonton-Toronto Redemptorists returned the parish to the Nelson Diocese.
Kelowna- St. Edward’s parish, Winfield
Fr. Kennedy Stephens of the Edmonton Province served in the parish.
Nelson – Blessed Sacrament parish
Following the establishment of the Nelson Diocese in 1936, the Redemptorists were requested to take care of this newly-created parish. The first mass was held in the unfinished chapel in July 1939 and was attended by 12 people. Over the years, the Redemptorists served the outmissions of Nakusp, Needles, Burton, Edgewood and the North Shore. A new church was opened on March 19, 1959. The parish was returned to the diocese by the Edmonton Province.
Osoyoos – St. Anne’s parish
Fr. Kennedy Stephens of the Edmonton Province served as the parish administrator.
Vancouver – Our Lady of Perpetual Help parish
From the Archdiocese of Vancouver, the Redemptorists assumed responsibility of the new parish in the Point Grey area. Initially Mass was held in a shoe repair shop. A church was opened in November 1925 and a new hall and monastery followed a year later. A parish school was opened in 1927.
Wells – Holy Rosary parish
Located in the heart of the gold-mining region of the Cariboo, the parish was transferred to the Toronto Province in 1941 from the Vicariate Apostolic of Yukon and Prince Rupert. A new church was erected immediately. The parish was returned to the vicariate in 1948.
Williams Lake – Sacred Heart parish
At the request of the Archdiocese of Vancouver, the Redemptorists took responsibility of the newly-established parish consisting of a 200-mile area with outlying missions in the Cariboo. Initially, Mass was celebrated in 50 private homes until a church was built at Alexandra. Over the years, churches also were built in the outmissions of Quesnel, Lac La Hache Clifton, Ashcroft, 100 Mile House and Bridge Lake. A new church and rectory in Williams Lake were built in 1965. Fr. Edmund Quinn was appointed pastor (1993-1995) of St. Jude’s parish at 100 Mile House and the outmissions of Canim Lake, Lac La Hache and Bridge Lake. The Edmonton Province returned the parish to the Diocese of Kamloops.