Brandon – St. Augustine of Canterbury parish
Established by the Diocese of St. Boniface in 1883, it was transferred to the Belgium Redemptorists in August 1898, the first Redemptorist house in Western Canada. Under the first pastor Fr. William Godts, the Gothic church was built in 1903. The bodies of Frs. Godts and Henri Rietvelt were buried in the church. The mainly English-speaking parish was transferred to the Toronto Vice-Province in 1913. The monastery also served as an English Canadian juvenate (1916-1918) for 17 students. Under Fr. Josef Knapik, St. Hedwig’s church was built for a Polish-speaking congregation. The Toronto Province returned the parish to the archdiocese.
Winnipeg – St. Alphonsus parish
Established in the East Kildonan-Elmwood area by the Archdiocese of St. Boniface, the new parish was transferred to the Redemptorists of the Toronto Vice-Province. Within weeks, a temporary church was built and blessed. A larger, more permanent church along with a monastery were completed in August 1916. As the parish grew, a new St. Alphonsus school was opened in 1950 and a new church was built in 1959. The parish was returned to the Archdiocese of Winnipeg by the Edmonton Province.
Winnipeg – Our Lady of Fatima parish
Fr. Joseph Celestka established a church and hall for the city’s Czech and Slovak communities as well as a printing centre, which provided brochures, leaflets and pamphlets in their native language. Through his printing centre, Fr. Celestka of the Edmonton Province also promoted the cause of Bishop John Neumann for canonization. He died in the church rectory in 1979.
Winnipeg – St. Boniface – Novitiate
Following the closure of St. Gerard’s Novitiate at Keswick, the Edmonton Province novices moved to St. Boniface seminary, where they attended courses at St. Paul’s College, Winnipeg. In 1969, the students moved to Toronto.