Moose Jaw – St. Joseph’s parish
Archbishop O.E. Mathieu of Regina requested the Redemptorists to assume the responsibility for St. Joseph’s parish in 1927 after they left Holy Rosary Cathedral in Regina. St. Joseph’s parish was established in 1907. The upper portion of the church was completed by 1924 and the church underwent extensive renovations in 1975. Over the years, the Redemptorists served the outmissions of Old Wives, Mortlach, Pense, Caron, Chaplin, Ernfold, Truax, Marquis and Central Butte. The Edmonton-Toronto Province returned the parish to the archdiocese.
Regina – Holy Rosary Cathedral
At the request of Archbishop O.E. Mathieu of Regina, the Redemptorists took responsibility of the one-year-old Cathedral parish in 1914. It was returned to the archdiocese in 1927 and the community moved to Moose Jaw.
Saskatoon – St. Mary’s parish
Originally named as Our Lady of Victory, the parish was established in 1919 and transferred to the Redemptorists at the request of Bishop Gerald Murray of Saskatoon. Over the years, the outmissions served by the parish have included Radisson, Arelee, Borden, Asquith, St. Gerald’s, Pike Lake. The parish hall was built in 1949. Fr. John Lockwood helped to establish St. Mary’s Credit Union. When appointed to the parish, Fr. Martin Foley also broadcasted a series “The Catholic Hour of the Prairies” (1947-1951) from CFQC, the local radio station. In the 1954 celebration of the Marian Year, he preached to 13,000 at the city’s exhibition grounds. Over the years, the parish provided chaplains to nearby St. Paul’s Hospital, nursery school and a sanatorium.
Yorkton – St. Gerard’s parish
At the invitation of Monsignor Langevin, Bishop of St. Boniface, the Belgian Redemptorists established the parish in 1904. Masses were held in the monastery chapel until 1910 when the transcept of the church was completed. The parish was transferred to the Toronto Vice-Province in 1912. A new church was constructed and opened in February 1973. The Redemptorists served outmissions, including Canora, Sturgis, Goodeve, Jedburgh, McNutt and Theodore. The Edmonton Province returned the parish to the Archdiocese of Regina.